Wednesday, March 18, 2015

New Rapid Diagnostic for Ebola

We all know that the differential diagnosis for Ebola-ike syndrome is massive. It is likely that many cases of Ebola were wrongly diagnosed. Now, we have a new rapid diagnostic test. Current ones take at least a day or two to yield results. A new test developed by MIT researchers is a simple paper strip that can rapidly diagnose Ebola along with other hemorrhagic fevers such as yellow fever and dengue fever. It honestly is pretty similar to a pregnancy test.
Time is of the essence for Ebola diagnosis and this solves the problem. This new tool is color coded to test for different viruses. The one on the left in the picture above is unused. Each column is for a different virus. On the right you can see a used one that has color marks after the test. It uses lateral flow technology just like a pregnancy test.
This is a great proof of concept and can be used for future viruses too, not just Ebola as it is dying off...

- Jimmy
Source: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150224083706.htm

1 comment:

monika love said...

I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com