Friday, March 20, 2015

A tablet...to fight off Ebola?

The average annual temperature in Sierra Leone is 81 degrees Fahrenheit.  The current temperature is 84 degrees with a humidity of 69%.  All of the health workers battling the Ebola epidemic in Western Africa in the field are faced with this uncomfortable and unfamiliar climate.  Furthermore all of the health workers who are dealing directly with patients and working in the field are required for their safety and the safety of other to wear thick rubber suits, masks, boots, ventilators, and gloves.  Movements are slow.  The suits are incredibly hot. And every action just just requires more time and more patience.  These challenges are why new personal protective gear technology and new field technology is so important during this epidemic.  
Reuters / Baz Ratner

Recently a new “Ebola Proof” tablet has been developed to withstand all the different factors of field work in the affected areas.  The tablet, designed by international technology companies, can withstand water, high humidity, high temperatures, direct sunlight, and chlorine solution of .5 percent, which is used to kill the Ebola virus.  The attractive features of this tablet are that its smoothed edges prevents ripping the protective gear and that the tablet is thick rubber glove friendly.  Previously field workers were forced to scribble notes, diagnoses, prescriptions, and other medical information on paper.  The paper was then pressed against clear windows or clear plastic.  Or field workers had to yell information through fences.  The flow of information was a general challenge.  Although this tablet seems like a small invention for such a big problem, it increases the efficiency of people and therefore helps the infected people too.

  • Nalani Wakinekona

http://rt.com/uk/242585-ebola-proof-tablet-device/

1 comment:

monika love said...

I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com