Thursday, March 26, 2015

German Measles Denier Ordered to Pay $106,000

Stefan Lanker - the man who claims the measles virus does not exist. Was anti-vaccination too mainstream for him?
[Source: "Question Everything" Youtube channel]

It all started with a challenge. Stefan Lanka, a German biologist known for promoting pseudoscientific theories such as HIV denialism and anti-vaccination, insisted that the measles virus did not exist. He claimed that measles is caused by a “psychosomatic illness” because of “traumatic separation.” And, to put his money where his theory is, he offered 100,000 euros (roughly $106,000 USD) to anyone who could prove that measles is viral in origin. 

David Bardens, a German doctor, responded by compiling evidence from multiple medical journals that measles is indeed caused by a virus. Of course, Lanka refused to actually pay, so Bardens sued. A German court recently ruled that Bardens’s proof was sufficient and that Lanka must pay. Lanka says that he plans to appeal.

When I first read about this case, I thought it was a hilarious publicity stunt. Then I realized that Lanka represents an all too common refusal to believe scientific evidence. He is a so-called scientist who took anti-vaccination one step farther and started going anti-virus. Such beliefs have led to precipitous declines in vaccination rates, especially for childhood diseases such as measles. Serious measles epidemics have swept the US and Europe. As herd immunity declines, innocent children, even those who have been vaccinated, may die of entirely preventable diseases. And that’s not funny at all.

References 
  1. http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-a-vaccine-denier-20150320-column.html
  2. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31864218

3 comments:

monika love said...

I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

Raymond said...

I'm giving a testimony about Dr Nogadu the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes simplex virus, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people's have the herpes simplex virus cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr Nogadu via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to me through Air freight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 2-4 days I will receive the parcel and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check up 2 week after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes simplex virus negative, if you are herpes simplex virus patient do me a favour by  contacting him and I assure anyone who is suffering from it, your problem will never remain the same again you will be cured also Dr Nogadu help my brother wife to cure her cervical cancer she was suffering from the past 5 years, After he {cure} my herpes simplex virus, then my brother  heard about it, he went home to tell his wife  about Dr Nogadu then his wife  email him and explain her problem to him, he also prepare herbal medicine and he use Air freight courier service to sent her the herbal medicine and he instruct her on how she  will be using it for 14 days, That on the 15 days of it, she should go and check her self in the hospital and she did as she was instructed by Dr Nogadu, to GOD be the glory she was cure of her cervical cancer which she was suffering from for the past 5 years thanks to these great man we will ever remain grateful to you sir for the good work you did in our family. When you contact him, make sure you tell him that I refer you.. contact him via: drnogaduherbalist@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2347010627760.

achieverraymond said...

Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr odoma cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr odoma the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348100649947 or email:drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com    i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr odoma that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com?. or WHATSAPP +2348100649947