Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bee viruses all the buzz



I thought I’d take a look at another “tangentially human” virus, or one that affects another organism with which we closely associate.

Recent research suggests that wild honeybees are vulnerable to viruses that “spill over” from captive colonies. We’ve seen this phenomenon before with birds.

Until recently, the only virus known to jump to wild honeybees from captive ones was the deformed wing virus, a member of the Iflaviridae family (related to Picornaviruses). It is transmitted by Varroa mites. The virus affects the expression of genes related to wing development during the pupa stage. The resulting wings are shriveled and non-functional, so it’s obviously not good for bees, especially considering that bees are facing a lot of difficulties. The most recent study found a handful of others, including black queen cell virus and acute bee paralysis virus (sort of like the cricket bersion I described in an earlier post). The researchers in the study hypothesized that the transmission occurred at shared flowers.




A healthy honeybee vs a honeybee infected with the deformed wing virus

--Joe Getsy

1 comment:

monika love said...

I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com