Friday, March 20, 2015

Flu Season 2015-2016

Researchers are already well under way trying to pinpoint the next influenza strain for the 2015-2016 flu season.  Specifically, researchers at Kansas State University have been examining swine flu viruses for potential leads into the next high-risk flu strain under a research grant from the National Institutes of Health.

Part of their research involves collecting samples from sick pigs and seeing if they pose any threat to humans.  Their past work actually led to the discovery of a novel H2N3 virus.  While it is too early for any results, such research is pivotal in identifying the key players of the upcoming flu season.

While such research is needed to ensure the timely delivery of a vaccine, it is this promptness that can also be detrimental to the development of a successful vaccine.  Since influenza is capable of mutating so rapidly, there is no guarantee that the influenza strains that are targeted for the vaccine will actually be circulating at high levels later this year.  With any luck, any novel strains can be accurately assessed for their potential infectivity and virulence, so that flu vaccine mismatches (as what happened this past flu season) can be avoided.

--Andrew Duong
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150303105557.htm

1 comment:

monika love said...

I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com