Wednesday, December 10, 2014

HIV Hijacked to Develop Cure for Leukemia

The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia has reported the success of a novel immunotherapy that uses modified HIV to alter the DNA of T-Cells in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Scientist removed the portions of the HIV genome that "make us sick," and inserted a gene for a unique protein, termed a "chimeric antigen receptor" or CAR, that allows T-Cells to interact immunologically with B-Cells – cells which usually fly under the immune radar. In ALL, B-Cells are cancerous, and so this new interaction allows the modified CTL019 cells to bind to and destroy the cancer. CTL019 have been found to survive long enough within a human body to eradicate most, if not all, of the cancer by the end of treatment. 90 percent of all patients treated in this study achieved complete remission.

The FDA has designated this development as a Breakthrough Therapy, and as such, further research on the medication will be expedited until it reaches full clinical approval. The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia now runs a site, found here, dedicated to public information about future studies on CTL019, and allowing patients interested in enrollment an opportunity to apply to do so.

-Matthew Billman

SOURCES:
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/12/08/disabled-hiv-virus-used-to-treat-common-childhood-leukemia/ (primary)
http://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/cancer-center/t-cell-therapy-ctl019#.VIkIT2PF8Xc
http://www.chop.edu/news/personalized-cellular-therapy-achieves-complete-remission-90-percent-acute-lymphoblastic#.VIkKImPF8Xc
http://www.novartis.com/newsroom/media-releases/en/2014/1816270.shtml
http://www.fda.gov/regulatoryinformation/legislation/federalfooddrugandcosmeticactfdcact/significantamendmentstothefdcact/fdasia/ucm329491.htm

3 comments:

Adebayo Ehijator said...

i never belive i am going to be cure, dr.odudu has so much made me belive in him. thanks so much for bringing back my happiness.

my story on how i get cure true the help of DR,ODUDU HERBAL HEALING MEDICINE.

Hello please listen to my story that has brought back my happiness, i am 43 years old am hiv positive over for two good year now, i saw a comment posted by SARAH DAVISE FROM U S A, on how she was free from genital warts with cannabis CANNABIS HERBAL MEDICINE by doctor ODUDU remedy , I was diagnosed of hiv infections for the pass two years , I contacted devise Sarah sarahdavise44@gmail.com and she told me that this very doctor cures genital warts , and he also cure HIV, H.P.v HTLV HLTV. HUMAN PAPAILOMAVIRUS, HERPES, HSV, SYPHILIS, CANCER, HEPATITIS A B and C. HIRE BLOOD PRESSURES, BODY DISEASE, DIABETICS, ENPILENCIN, GENPILENCIN, HIV AIDS, PREGNANCY SVH1 AND HSV2 e t c, then I contacted Dr. ODUDU, so he told me what to do to get healing and free from my hiv virus , so I make provisions for the HERBAL REMEDY which I used for two weeks and now just to see that the exact week which doctor DR.ODUDU told me I we be healed I was felling good and healthy , my skin regained, I went for check up in the hospital and my doctor told that me that all the virus disappeared from my blood vessels and normal, then I made a promise to Dr.ODUDU that I will testify of his good herbal work to the world, so I will like you to contact him in any such diseases dr.oduduherbalhome@gmail.com . or dr.oduduherbalhome@hotmail.com dr.oduduherbalhome@yahoo.com https://web.facebook.com/Droduduherbalhome-17071975895029…/… phone contact +2348101571054 ,his whatsapp contact is +2348137162683

Bobby Davis said...

I never believe that spell can cure someone without the person being present in the vicinity. I once had HIV;I saw different testimonies on how DR.ABIOLA cured their HIV disease. Since I had it too, I decided to contact him, so that I can get cured too. I emailed him telling him my problems, he told me that all my problems are over, but he will need some items in which he will use in preparing a cure for me. I sent him the money via Western Union Money Transfer After preparing the cure he sent it via courier delivery services, I paid for the delivery also I paid a legal practitioner, then I got my parcel, it was a portion, I drank it.After drinking the portion he asked me to go for check-up 45 minutes later, which I did, when I did the test I was tested HIV negative,he has all the cure to all manner of diseases like ATC,.... HIV,....... Cancer,.... HPV ... Syphilis,.... Hepatitis B ..... types of Cancer, Gonorrhea, LOW SPERM... quickly I contacted DR.ABIOLA and told him what happened he congratulated me. I am very happy for his good deeds upon my life. He’s the best of all, kindly contact him via email deadly.diseases.cure@hotmail.com or call +2348100609098

Susan Malila said...

I am Susan Malila from Dallas Texas, United States.i have been living in pains for the past 2 years now not until i meet Dr prince who was able to restore my life back with his herbal medicine, i have been HIV positive for the past two years now everyday of my life i cry to God as I was a mother of 2 cute kids who were looking up to me i was still taking my medication from the hospital which cost me a lot, I also did some prayers to God that he should do some miracle in my life,Few Months ago i was browsing on net when I found some good testimonials about Dr prince Herbs, and someone recommended that he has cured Hiv,diabetes,cancer,ulcer,and so many other disease I always had faith that God could use someone to heal me, then I contacted Dr prince and I told him my problems, he told me not to worry that with God all things are possible and also that he was going to prepare for me some herbal herbs which i am to take and he is going to send the medicine to me, well after all the guidance and medication from Dr prince he advice that i go for check up again to see my status result and he assured me of good result, i was afraid at this point cause i never wanted someone to tell me again that i am positive, after 2 days I went to the Hospital for check up and they said the result was to come out by Friday, at 11:00 AM on Friday the Doctor called me and told me that the result was out and I am Negative, I was shocked and could not believe it, I immediately called Dr prince and told him about the good news he told me to rejoice and make sure I share my testimony with my friends and that is why I am doing this right now, friends you can contact Dr prince today on ( dr.princearataabraham@gmail.com )or call him on +2348163241499.