Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Buckle Up for a Bumpy Flu Season



 The coming 2014-2015 flu season is projected to be a bad one. The CDC’s influenza surveillance report found that 82% of the 103 flu samples studied from this season already were of the H3N2 variety – a particularly aggressive variety.

The current flu vaccine protects against two influenza A strains, and luckily the circulating H1N1 strain has been found to match the vaccine strain – A/California/7/2009. It’s also been reported that the current vaccine protects against the Influenza B strains present in the environment. What’s alarming though, is that the vaccine only protects against a very small subset of the many H3N2 viruses – most of which resemble the strain, A/Switzerland/9715293.

Thus, physician caseloads are expected to get a bit heavier this season with the vaccine mismatch at hand. The next available step for unprotected patients is antiviral medication, and access must be boosted to meet the likely demand.


- Emma Rastatter

2 comments:

monika love said...

I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

robetharmonton said...

I was diagnosed of herpes virus, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor called Dr Agaba, who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus (Herpes), when i contacted this herbal doctor via email, he sent me herpes virus herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured from the virus within 3 weeks of usage. Contact this great herbal doctor today to get your cure. 
Via Email: Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486