Friday, March 17, 2017

New Strategy to Attack Tumor Cells with Viruses

Researchers from the IDIBAPS Biomedical Research Institute and the Institute for Research in Biomedicine designed a novel way to use genetically modified viruses to attack tumor cells. The approach gives adenoviruses high specificity against tumor cells, by taking advantage of expression differences of CPEB protein in normal versus tumor tissues. 

CPEB proteins are 4 RNA binding proteins that control numerous genes. They help maintain functions and repair abilities in tissues normally. If they are imbalanced, they change gene expression and can contribute to oncogenesis. CPEB4 is expressed in cancer cells and required for tumor growth, and CPEB1is only expressed in normal healthy cells. The scientists engineered adenoviruses so that they only affect cells with high CPEB4 and low CPEB1 levels. Thus, it only attacks tumor cells. 

They checked activity of the viruses in in vitro models of pancreatic cancer in mice. Results showed that tumor growth was controlled in the models. 

-Anne Sommer

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/170316112147.htm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486