Sunday, March 19, 2017

New Robot Destroys Pathogens with Light

Engineers and scientists have teamed up to develop the R-D Rapid Disinfector robot that works with standard sanitization methods to more effectively eliminate pathogens and iatrogenic transmission of infection, including viruses. Thompson Hospital and the M.M. Ewing Continuing Care Center have begun using this automated disinfecting machine throughout the institutions to help reduce the risks of illness and infections for patients, residents, visitors and staff.  The Disinfector uses short-wave ultraviolet-C (UV-C) light as a germicidal to destroy viruses, bacteria and other pathogens that can linger on surfaces and hide in shadows. This machine can disinfect an average-sized patient room in about 8 minutes and is deployed after a room is sanitized with standard techniques. It is remotely controlled by an associate from Environmental Services.  The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that between 5 percent and 10 percent of all patients admitted to a hospital acquire an infection while in that hospital, and cites nursing home infection rates at almost 20 percent annually. Healthcare-acquired infections can cause pain, suffering and even death to patients and could cost hospitals up to $111,000 or more for each case.  This state-of-the-art robot monitors the entire disinfection process. Wireless sensors measure, record and report on UV-C light dosages delivered to specific areas in real time. The machine can be paused and repositioned to maximize efficiency, including targeting shadowed areas.  This technology may work to help lower the transmissibility of viral pathogens in the health care setting, and generally improve the quality of medicine.

-Ethan Wentworth

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486