Monday, January 12, 2015

YOU can contribute to the flu vaccine conversation!

It is no secret that this year's seasonal flu vaccine missed the mark.  Because of the virus's rampant antigenic variation a new and updated vaccine is required each year.  The months of time required for vaccine manufacture and distribution mean that the vaccine must be chosen far in advance of the flu season itself, so the relevant strains must be predicted based on snapshots of new forms flickering onto the scene at the close of the previous flu season.  Unfortunately, this year that data wasn't enough to enable an accurate prediction so this year's vaccine is not well matched to the circulating flu strain.  I had always assumed that such an important and tricky decision was made by an elite team of experts behind closed doors, in some secret corner of of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.  It turns out that is only part of the story.  Of course there are national experts working through this tough challenge each year, but if you--the general public--have an opinion to voice, this team will consider your input!  If you are ready to add your two cents to the vaccine selection discussion, book a ticket to Maryland and mark March 4th in your calendar.  To take advantage of this opportunity share your perspective, all you need to do is send a presentation proposal to the FDA by February 18th.  And make sure you can speak quickly!  Only the hourlong block of 12:40-1:40pm is available for all presenters.  According to the FDA announcement of the event, "interested persons may present data, information, or views, orally or in writing, on issues pending before the committee."

--Laurie


http://www.fda.gov/AdvisoryCommittees/Calendar/ucm427596.htm

2 comments:

ben rita said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com‎

Kate Russell said...

I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322