Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ominous Amount of Mosquitos Haunting Sydney

--> It has been widely announced that last year (2014) was one of the hottest in history. In Australia, this follows in the wake of 2013, which was considered the hottest year ever recorded by the country.
 
The normal shape of pest inhabitance in the southern city of Sydney follows a typically seasonal pattern: in the summer, all the things people hate--mosquitoes, spiders etc –are blown south and reproduce for a short time before freezing to death in the colder winter months. Essentially, providing a restart to the pest populations of the city.

However, due to the unusually warm years, not enough of these bugs are disappearing.  This means an increasingly annoying—and from a public health standpoint—worrying number of aedes aegypti (also known as the yellow fever mosquito) and aedes vigilax (also known as the saltmarsh mosquito) establishing populations in the city of Sydney…and not buzzing off in the winter.

Public health workers fear that the increase in mosquitoes might herald a soon to be increase in disease. While yellow fever is not found in Australia, it is still not a good idea to have a large population of ready and potential reservoirs for the virus. Of concern however is the possibility of A. aegypti transmitting one of the equally deadly diseases that do occur in Australia: dengue fever, ross river fever or Murray valley encephalitis.  A. vigilax  is known to be responsible for a large number of Ross River fever cases.

If the warm weather keeps up, Sydney may need to take some action into its own hands to stamp out this dangerous vector. Time to get the buzz kill.

---Lauren S


Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/the-queensland-invaders-creeping-to-a-home-near-you/story-fni0cx12-1227194778879?nk=f5db8affc9f9181d9016eae793e8d0f9
http://www.health.qld.gov.au/mozziediseases/consumers/snapshotqld.asp

2 comments:

ben rita said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com‎

Kate Russell said...

I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322