Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pandas Just Can't Catch a Break... But They Can Catch Canine Distemper Virus (CDV)

Pandas: Those adorable, clumsy bears that seem too useless and specialized to survive. Their fertility rate is extraordinarily low, and they can even die of acute constipation (http://www.theguardian.com/science/animal-magic/2015/jan/13/yan-yan-constipated-panda-back-from-the-dead). But we love them, and they’ve become a symbol of conservation.
            Unfortunately, even captive pandas just can’t seem to catch a break. A third panda has become critically ill following infection by the canine distemper virus, a paramyxovirus of the genus Morbillivirus. Two pandas have already died in Chinese zoos because of this virus. The most recent animal to fall ill, 5-year old female Feng Feng, currently suffers from serious liver, kidney and lung damage, as well as neurological symptoms. A fourth infected panda, 14-year-old female Zhu Zhu, is in currently in stable condition.
            Canine distemper virus, despite its name, actually infects a wide variety of carnivorous mammals besides dogs. These include coyotes, foxes, pinnipeds, skunks, raccoons, and ferrets. It causes a variety of symptoms such as high fever eye inflammation, coughing, vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy. CDV has an approximately 50% mortality rate, and can transmitted through the air or through other bodily secretions. A vaccine exists and is widely used in dogs. Perhaps more zoo animals should be vaccinated and/or quarantined to contain this outbreak.






Have a happy panda!



 --Joe Getsy




3 comments:

ben rita said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com‎

Unknown said...

i was diagnose with genital warts,last six months which finally shows out! i had hpv. for very long time i suffered for the virus and i was told there is no hpv cure. except treatment to control it i just fill killing my self because there was no hope all i could think loosing my life because it was so embarrass for been hpv patient. about few weeks ago i read possible natural cure on line which was guarantee and i purchased it. after two weeks taking herbal treatment the hpv got eliminated by killing all symptoms and the warts in my genital area disappeared. it so amazing i got ride to the hpv. i so much like to shear this testimony to every article for others living with hpv there is possible natural herbs to eliminate it. email Dr onokun for help. his herbal clinic address; dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

Marie Planta said...

Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line: +2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com