Monday, January 26, 2015

HPV Vaccines Not Delivered at Proper Time

We've talked extensively in class about the efficacy of the HPV vaccine in protecting against viral infection as well as future cancer morbidity and mortality. While Dr. Bob heralds the HPV vaccine as one of the most effective created thus far, a recent study suggests that this efficacy is being undermined by improper following of vaccination schedules. According to a University of Texas at Galveston study, only about half of girls in the US receive the vaccination at the recommended age. This trend is observed across all racial and ethnic groups surveyed. This presents a public health issue -- that people are not being vaccinated adequately despite the availability of a strong vaccine. Additionally, there is no present research about the efficacy of the vaccine at a later age. This delay in vaccination may be due to cultural beliefs, a lack of awareness about vaccines, or other educational barriers. There needs to be more research work done about what these factors are that are impeding the proper delivery of vaccines and consequently to address those issues via public health or policy measures. Interestingly, the article, in line with the CDC's lack of recommendation, does not comment on recommending the HPV vaccine for men, who are also at risk of infection. Perhaps the solution to the stigma or perceptions about the vaccine could be resolved with a gender neutral vaccine recommendation (pending medical safety) that would make the vaccine more culturally accepted.


If you're interested in reading the primary text of the article, here it is (along with the science daily article)! http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X14016508


-- Nicole

4 comments:

ben rita said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com‎

Unknown said...

i was diagnose with genital warts,last six months which finally shows out! i had hpv. for very long time i suffered for the virus and i was told there is no hpv cure. except treatment to control it i just fill killing my self because there was no hope all i could think loosing my life because it was so embarrass for been hpv patient. about few weeks ago i read possible natural cure on line which was guarantee and i purchased it. after two weeks taking herbal treatment the hpv got eliminated by killing all symptoms and the warts in my genital area disappeared. it so amazing i got ride to the hpv. i so much like to shear this testimony to every article for others living with hpv there is possible natural herbs to eliminate it. email Dr onokun for help. his herbal clinic address; dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

Kate Russell said...

I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

Richardson Damien said...

I was diagnosed with Human Papillomavirus (Hpv) 4 years ago it so much caused me lot, I tried to remove them with topical treatment was recommended to me I applied Condylox, Podofilox and lot other treatments, no good respond they grow bigger and groups pumps, having lot itching and sometimes bleeding the doctor told me i contracted hpv it was deep problem to me, In the last 8 weeks I met two doctors and make arrangements for the surgery to remove the wart .. 2 weeks before the sugary I did research online a lady told me about 100% natural treatment from a holistic traditional healer, And I contacted him through his email address ( droloriherbalcenter@gmail.com ) which was given to me And he send me the cure, after taking in a week the warts was removed the treatment works perfectly and cured me out from human papillomavirus. I advised every HPV patient seeking help can reach the traditional healer through email address droloriherbalcenter@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2348110492548.