Thursday, January 15, 2015

Rare outbreak of HPeV3 Virus in New Zealand

Human parechovirus 3 (HPeV3), a rare picornavirus, was discovered in a 2012 sample of fecal matter of an infant in New Zealand this past week.  First detected a little over a decade ago in Japan, HPeV3 may be the etiological agent of certain cases of unresolved human gastroenteritis.  HPeV3 is transmitted fecal-orally, and has a broad tissue tropism that includes membranes of the brain. It is also implicated in sepsis in newborn babies, and thus can be potentially fatal.  However, the link between gastroenteritis and the virus is unclear, as infants and children infected with the virus typically do not develop symptoms.  Furthermore, the exact pathogenesis of HPeV3 is unknown. Further research on HPeV3 is needed to address these gaps in our knowledge, and could shed light on the virulence and pathogenesis of the virus.

Source:
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/579123/20150114/hpev3-new-zealand-rare-virus.htm#.VLfwt4rF8mc

--Andrew Duong

2 comments:

ben rita said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com‎

Kate Russell said...

I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322