Friday, October 10, 2014

New Imaging Technology can visualize real-time HIV surface protein "dance"

Researchers from Cornell Medical College have developed technology that allows us to see how HIV proteins on the viral protein actually move, or "dance" as they call it. This new imaging technology may elucidate how the HIV virus actually infects immune cells. What sets this technology apart is the fact that it can track the movements of viral proteins real-time, so researchers can see what exact step or movements causes fusion with the host cell. The glycoproteins that we're most concerned with are the three gp120 and gp41 proteins positioned as trimers.


This real time imaging technology relies on fluorescence to measure distance. The researchers inserted fluorophores (fluorescent molecules), which they dubbed "beacons", into the virus's envelope, and they were able to track how far the fluorophores moved and thus how far the surface proteins moved.

Cool technology. Looking forward to seeing studies of other virus-host interactions with this imaging technology.

Jimmy

Source:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141008131446.htm


2 comments:

ben rita said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

Neliso Dlamini said...

I was diagnose with genital warts since 2013 i have be taking lot treatment and all i got is outbreak. in 2016 I gave up the treatment because I can't continues wasting time and money on treatment at the end it will not cure me. about 6 weeks ago i did natural research online I had So many people talking good about natural remedy, after the research i was recommended to Dr Lucky, And I wrote to him through his email and told him my problem after some conversations with him he gave me natural treatment after 1 week Dr Lucky btreated me i got cured permanently. and i went to see my doc he confirmed that the diseases has gone out from my body. every patients should know there is 100% natural hpv cure. contact Dr Lucky his email address: {drluckyherbalcure@gmail.com} or WHATSAPP HIM VIA
+2348154637647