Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Computers and Humans Unite Against HIV

A plethora of treatments have been made against HIV, but which have sadly lost effectivity as a result of the virus developing resistance. Due to this, treatments for HIV are a race against time, one that researchers in Denmark are undertaking with the help of computers in order to speed up developmental work.

Finding the substances that can be synthesized in a laboratory that can be used to block the retroviral enzymes used to reproduce take up a lot of resources and time; however, a new computer model has been developed in conjunction with the substantially more powerful computers we have nowadays, the combination of which is finding compounds up the whazoo. These models are based on molecular mechanics and quantum mechanics; in a recent screening, .5 million compounds were screened and found that 25 were suitable for laboratory testing, out of which 14 were found to hinder the reproductive ability of HIV!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141007092358.htm

I guess it won't be us against Skynet anymore...

-Meche Peterson



1 comment:

ben rita said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com