Monday, March 1, 2021

P.1

        The city of Manaus in Brazil lies alongside the Amazon River. Like many of the cities and villages connected by this life source, the COVID pandemic hit the people swiftly and with might. At the peak of the pandemic, people were dying at unprecedented rates and the city was forced to cut down swaths of forest to create more gravesites. While the toll has been large, health experts were hopeful when a drop in incidence corresponding with a greater than two thirds seropositivity rate among people in Manaus appeared. They thought Manaus had reached a point where enough people had been infected that the spread was slowing. 

But soon, cases began to rise again and researchers didn’t know why. Meanwhile, across the world reports of new SARS-CoV-2 variants began popping up. Suspecting the worst, one Brazillian doctor began doing genetic sequencing of the virus that was being isolated from sick patients in Manaus and found that there were mutations of the receptor binding domain of the spike protein in this strain of SARS-CoV-2. 

Mutations in the receptor binding domain of the spike protein are the most dangerous. Antibodies that protect us during the course of an infection do so in part by preventing the virus from being able to bind to and enter its target cells. Antibodies that bind to and directly block the receptor binding domain of the virus are the best at offering protection from infection. Mutations in this region by the virus may allow them to escape recognition by both vaccine-induced and naturally produced antibodies. 

When the researchers back traced the rise of this variant in Manaus, they found that while it had initially only caused about 20% of the COVID cases, it gradually rose to become the dominant form of the virus active right now. What’s worse, researchers suspect that 60-70% of those who currently have COVID in Manaus have actually been re-infected by the new variant. Their studies found that convalescent serum of previously naturally infected people was six-fold less potent at neutralizing the new variant, named P.1. 

As P.1 has begun to spread to other places in the world, people are rightly becoming concerned. As public health officials are saying, it is important that we continue to use all the means we have to fight back against the virus’ spread including social distancing and mask wearing. Settling into a new normal of life with the pandemic still requires a degree of vigilance.


- Renata

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
whatsapp +2348136482342

Gary Amy said...

i am here to give my testimony about a doctor who save my life. i was infected with HERPES for than 2 years, I tried different doctors over a period of time but no one work, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR USELU  how he was able to cure someone from HERPES virus with the help of herbal medicine I contacted him and he promised to cure my herpes virus.well i decided to give him a try, DR USELU put his best in it and gave me good and effective result just as he has promised. well after taking all the treatment sent to me by Dr USELU i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HERPES Negative. You can contact him if you have any kind of sickness like, HERPES, HIV, CANCER, PILE, HEPATITIS, DIABETES, and alot more you can contact him ON Whatsapp (+2347052898482) or Email dr.dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com