Thursday, March 11, 2021

Viral Party: College Students Driving Viral Spread

    Amidst the many restrictions easing up nationally, the country is still having issues with noncompliant individuals with regards to masks, flat out COVID-19 deniers, travelers, and of course, young adults attending colleges who choose to throw parties. 

    Many universities have struggled within the past year whether to bring students back to campus to get a more well-rounded education at the risk of spreading COVID-19, which among other viruses is easily transmitted in these shared spaces and dormitories. Those who have brought students back have historically faced issues, such as University of Washington with a huge surge at the beginning of the pandemic to recent parties in Boulder where large masses of students showed up to gatherings near the school. Most recently, in Durham Duke University has seen immense Coronavirus spikes which threatens progress the institution has made to mitigate the virus among the student body.

    A high count of 32 students tested positive on Tuesday, which was the highest one-day total that Duke has seen during the entire pandemic. Also, over the weekend over 102 students tested positive. Interestingly, the majority of positive cases came from Greek affiliated students or first year males who may be participating in off campus rush events. A big issue is that many of these gatherings have occurred outside of campus in dwellings not operated by the school. Duke has previously limited student gatherings to only 10 people whether inside or outside.

    Duke's recent uptick in cases could be a harbinger for even bigger rises in cases. In particular, Stanford University plans on bringing back the junior and senior population for housing this spring, amidst a backdrop of athletes and freshmen and sophomores with special circumstances. Given that Stanford does not have off-campus housing, all of the students would be living in dormitories across campus. Even though vaccination ehttps://www.wral.com/coronavirus/duke-blames-fraternities-for-virus-spike-on-campus-threatens-sanctions/19569108/fforts are certainly improving, as President Biden has also promised that most adults can be vaccinated by May, the rush in returning life "back to normal" is problematic. This is especially worrisome when you look at the track record of college students. If the university brings back students to have a more "social" experience, then they shouldn't act surprised when the students end up having social interaction that causes coronavirus to increase. 

-Sammy

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/duke-blames-fraternities-for-virus-spike-on-campus-threatens-sanctions/19569108/



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
whatsapp +2348136482342

Gary Amy said...

i am here to give my testimony about a doctor who save my life. i was infected with HERPES for than 2 years, I tried different doctors over a period of time but no one work, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR USELU  how he was able to cure someone from HERPES virus with the help of herbal medicine I contacted him and he promised to cure my herpes virus.well i decided to give him a try, DR USELU put his best in it and gave me good and effective result just as he has promised. well after taking all the treatment sent to me by Dr USELU i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HERPES Negative. You can contact him if you have any kind of sickness like, HERPES, HIV, CANCER, PILE, HEPATITIS, DIABETES, and alot more you can contact him ON Whatsapp (+2347052898482) or Email dr.dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com