Thursday, February 25, 2021

CDC Finally Publishes Unified Vaccine Access Website

  Recently, the CDC published a much needed website where users can find an appointment to get vaccinated. An issue many people are facing as they become eligible for vaccination is not knowing where to go to get their vaccines. Initially, several websites were put up to tackle this need for local areas and there was confusion about which resources to use. Until a few days ago, there was no central source of information. 

        According to the CDC’s website, the new so-called Vaccine Finder “allows healthcare providers to list their vaccine locations in a centralized, searchable database and to track vaccine availability.” Now that this resource is available, it will be incredibly helpful for people who are looking for a place to get vaccinated. But one question we all might be asking is why did it take so long for the CDC to provide this resource to assist with the vaccine rollout? More broadly, is this a reflection on how the entire vaccine allocation process has been going nationwide? 

Although the first COVID-19 vaccine was licensed for Emergency Use Authorization in early December of 2020, vaccine allocation did not really pick up until mid January, 2021. NPR has been tracking efficiency of vaccine usage in each state by dividing the number of vaccines administered in those states by the number of vaccines distributed to that state. Shockingly, only a handful have passed 80% with most states falling below 75%. A few states are even below 60% efficiency in vaccine usage. With the huge demand for vaccines, there is no reason why usage efficiency should be below 90%. What gives? 

Perhaps the long wait for Vaccine Finder is a clue. It’s no secret that the U.S. was unprepared for the pandemic, and this naivatae has shown itself in many ways such as the flip-flopping of orders to shelter in place and the completely disjointed response to the pandemic. While some of this fault lies on the shoulders of the previous administration, the truth is that a pandemic was just not the first thing on most people's mind, and a well formed pandemic response plan was likely being perpetually pushed down the to-do list in DC. The longer vaccination takes, the more people are becoming sick and dying. Maybe with COVID fresh on our minds, we will do a better job of preparing for inevitable pandemics of the future. 


- Renata


NPR: How Is The COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign Going In Your State?, accessed 2/25/2021
x

References

CDC: VaccineFinder: COVID-19 Information for Jurisdictions and Healthcare Providers, accessed 2/25/2021

2 comments:

Jennifer Robert said...

Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee for HSV cure, the reason why most people are finding it difficult to cure HSV 1 or 2 is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatments which is not helpful to cure HSV and hasn't proved any sign of helping. Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever. I never believed it until I was helped and cured of my 16 months genital herpes with natural herbal medicines from Dr OGU Patrick. Where other medical prescribed drugs and treatments failed, Natural herbs helped saved me from Genital herpes permanently and i am so grateful for this. You can also get help from this great and powerful herbs can also contact Dr OGU Patrick through via this email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com , Text or call him via : +1 719 629 0982

Unknown said...

I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
whatsapp +2348136482342