Sunday, November 22, 2020

HIV/AIDS deaths in US decrease: Efforts from 2010-2018

A recent CDC report was released on Friday (Nov 20), noting that HIV-related deaths have decreased have decreased by 48%, and that persisting efforts to diagnose/treat/aid HIV victims must continue (especially for certain populations). Specifically, in 2017, the article notes that those who identify as multiple races, or as Black/African American, have high rates of deaths per 1,000 persons with diagnosed HIV (7.0 and 5.6), with those who identify as white or Hispanic/Latino having a rate of 3.9. The article notes that this could be due to structural barriers that limit health outcomes, especially among Black persons with HIV in the South. Regardless, these rates have still decreased from 2010-2018, as efforts towards maintaining access to high-quality care and treatment (over a lifetime), continue to raise/improve life expectancy for those with HIV. 

The CDC article goes on to note that efforts must be made to ensure that young people are aware of their infections, as the proportion of HIV-related deaths among younger persons with diagnosed HIV (13-44) were higher than among older persons with HIV.

A number of activities are available out there, like the CDC's "Let's Stop HIV together" national campaign, "Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for American" initiative, and others that try to initiate treatment as quickly as possible for those infected with HIV.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6946a1.htm?utm_source=STAT+Newsletters&utm_campaign=7b63a54aa0-MR_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8cab1d7961-7b63a54aa0-134140705&utm_source=Global+Health+NOW+Main+List&utm_campaign=0f07ed1d9f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_11_19_03_00&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8d0d062dbd-0f07ed1d9f-2870277

2 comments:

Ryan Archer said...

Traditional herbal medicines are based on the use of natural remedies like Herbs and Roots, no special food no lifestyle change to permanently cure drug resistance diseases. Patients who use this methods will definitely testify. Though not all are natural and may contain heavy elements which the kidney finds difficult to filter and excrete that is why I recommend drutuherbalcure@gmail.com.
Two years ago I was permanently cured of oral herpes by Dr Utu.
Dr Utu herbs are hundred percent natural, no after effect and is guaranteed many have testified to this

famous Animation said...

Happiness is all i see now big thanks to Dr. Ubarlo from West Africa (NIGERIA), I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly disease herpes Virus for the past 2 years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, hospitals have been my home every day. Constant checks have been my hobby not until this blessed day, I was searching through the Internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr. Ubarlo. from West Africa (NIGERIA) helped someone in curing his herpes Virus . quickly I copied his Whatsapp Contact: +2348119508814 just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did,he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal medication, I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just contact him by Email: at drubarlohome@gmail.com whatsapp him on +2348119508814 HIS HAVE THE CURE TO THIS FOLLOWING DEADLY DISEASE [1] Ischemic heart disease [2] Cerebrovascular disease [3] Lower respiratory infections [4] Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [5] Diarrhea diseases [6] Trachea, bronchus, lung cancers [7] Tuberculosis [8] Diabetes mellifluous [9] Hypertension heart disease [10] HIV/AIDS