Sunday, December 8, 2019

The Beautiful Elegance of Viruses and How It has Impacted Me

Medium Article- The Beautiful Elegance of Viruses and How It has Impacted Me- ABHINAV SINGH

Walking into fall quarter, I signed up for Humans and Viruses, a class that I took so that I could learn as much as possible about the way that viruses can impact our daily life. The first few sessions of the class left me in awe of the ways viruses function and how they are able to deceive the immune system in a variety of ways. I was mystified by the beautiful, destructive elegance embedded within the viruses. They are economical yet small, highly efficient yet are classified as the smallest organisms to inhabit the Earth. They are able to pack a tremendously complicated genome inside such a small, compact frame to enable ease of replication inside the nuclei of host cells. They have adopted ways of stealing the host cells machinery to initiate replication. From the use of 5’ Vpg proteins to capping the genome to initiate ribosomal binding, viruses seem to have a solution to every problem cells throw at us. What astonished me most about viruses and what became a personal issue for me was the way viruses are able to evade the immune system. Pox is able to deregulate MHC expression and HIV is able to infect CD4 cells and avoid immune detection. Meanwhile, Parvovirus is able to remain latent inside the host cell genome and only becomes activated when the person is immunocompromised, leaving them vulnerable to infection. All of these solutions viruses employ have taught me begrudging respect for their capabilities and to take prevention and vaccination very seriously.
When I was a freshman entering Stanford, I was warned of the possibility of acquiring viruses since people from all over the country were entering a similar dorm space, which would make transmission through respiratory and direct contact means a viable possibility. I did not pay much respect to this advice, and I suffered severe consequences. Initially, I saw that almost everyone in my dorm was getting sick. However, this was not happening to me, and I felt that I was extra immuno-protected relative to the rest of the students. Boy was I wrong. Around mid-October, I woke up with a horribly sore throat. A few days later, I started developing severe congestion and headaches. I was feverish. However, I naively thought this was a routine cold and felt that it would simply go away on its own. I took drugs that would help me relieve symptomatic effects. For instance, I would take tylenol and dayquil to clear up my nose and make my throat pain less intense. This helped me get through my classes and do my homework on a daily basis. However, I was concerned that this problem wasn’t going away. Much to my bain, everyone in my dorm was getting healthier while it seemed that my symptoms were stalling. I had never had a sickness this long before. Everything else I encountered seem to go away on its own within a week. After two weeks passed, I considered visiting the doctor. However, I remained in denial and told myself, “Tomorrow I’m going to wake up okay.” Eventually, a few days before Halloween, I visited the doctor and they took a sample from my throat. A few days later, I was told that I had a viral infection (although I am not sure what I had specifically).  They gave me an antiviral medication and after about 2 days, I started to wake up and immediately felt better. Although I was relieved about my sickness being better, part of me felt frustrated. How could I have allowed this sickness to progress to this stage? If I had acted after a few days or even a week, I could have saved myself weeks of frustration and pain which I dealt with for no reason. 

Taking humans and viruses helped me understand the context of this illness that I had freshman year. Symptomatic treatments are not the way to rid yourself of viral diseases and neither are antibacterial medications. Antiviral treatments saved the rest of the quarter for me and allowed me to proceed with my education at Stanford.  Surprisingly, however, this was the most severe sickness I have ever encountered, a sign that bodes well. Another interesting contextualization I developed from humans and viruses was when I encountered a specific interaction with my cousin. I remember a few years ago, my cousin told me that he was scared that he had an STD. When I asked what his symptoms were and what he thought it was, he told me thought he had herpes. I was terrified for him, as herpes has no treatment or vaccine as of yet. He told me he had these bumps on his genetalia, and at the time I thought that was a sign of herpes. When he went to the doctor, he was told that he had molluscom contagiosum. I did not know what that was at the time, but now I am able to understand exactly what happened. He acquired the disease from sexual contact and received a virally transmitted disease. He had nonerythematous papular clinical presentation, a sign of clear molluscom. The bumps he had were not red and were not aggressive enough to be classified as herpes. Back then, however, I thought that any bumps were a sign of herpes. What a fool I was!

Word Count: 901

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm very happy being Herpes free now. It was a sad incident that was announced to me after the check up in the hospital and I was diagnosed of HSV 2. I thank God now for using Dr.odey Abang to cure my virus. I'm not ashamed to say this because no virus of such can be detected in me. I'm Charlotte from Columbia. I thought about it many Times when I heard about this Herbal cures for Herpes. I was really happy when I came across blogs of comments of Doctors who run cures sicknesses and was comfortable to try Dr. Abang from patients testimony I came across here on my online page. I knew now they are real Africa herbalists who run cures for Herpes. There's every opportunity to be cure with natural herbs, because all medical prescriptions are derived from herbs and roots. Its really hard time living with Herpes on drugs which can't get you cure. I tried this and I can boost of myself now as a woman. I need to be loved not to lost, get your instant cure to all sicknesses from Dr, Odey Abang.
He cures HSV,HPV,Cancer,low spam count and much more from the evidence I saw 💯 % sure no site effects with active immune booster

Email him for you cure
Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
WhatsApp/ Calls
+2349015049094

GARRY HELEE said...

Hello everybody, thanks to Dr LOSA the spell caster i am from USA, i don't just Know the reason why some people is finding it difficult to believe that there is
a cure for HIV, my son have been suffering from HIV since last
three years but today i am happy that he is cure from it with
the herbal medicine of Dr DR LOSA the great healer,i was
browsing the INTERNET searching for help when i came across a
testimony shared by someone on how Dr LOSA cure his herpes
i was so much in need of getting his treatment but after all Dr
LOSA brought a smile to my son face with his herbal
medicine. i am so much happy today that we have someone like
this great healer out there, so my people out there kindly
contact this great healer on his email address: (dr.losaherbahome@gmail
.com) please sir keep your good work cause there are people
out there who is in need of your healing medicine.once more
email him now: (dr.losaherbalhome@gmail.com) you can call him OR WHATSSAPP HIM
+2349056464736
DOCTOR LOSA CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-
1. HIV/AIDS
2. HERPES
3. CANCER
4. ALS
5. Hepatitis
6 Diabetes
7 LOVE SPELL
8 IF YOU NEED YOUR EX LOVER BACK TO LOVE YOU AGAIN.

Success James said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life
became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the
symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family
run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave
up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the
doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but
they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making
it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I
came across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhota
cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought
it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details
provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me
his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two
weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms
disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was
NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR
Ebhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on
telling the world about you. If you are going through same
situation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota via
drebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.
he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.
ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8.
ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosus

Success James said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life
became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the
symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family
run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave
up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the
doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but
they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making
it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I
came across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhota
cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought
it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details
provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me
his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two
weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms
disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was
NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR
Ebhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on
telling the world about you. If you are going through same
situation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota via
drebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.
he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.
ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. 
ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosus 

LATOYA KEVIN said...

I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka














I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

Unknown said...

I’m very excited to inform everyone that I’m completely cured from HSV1&2 recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it’s really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured from HSV1&2 with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful. herbalist called Dr. Onokun and it completely fought the virus away my nervous system and I tested negative after 14 days of using the herbal medicine. I’m here to let everyone know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr. Onokun and his herbal exploit. Contact him via email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

Christina N. said...

I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of hpv as soon as i feel the symptoms of hpv is appearing, i took the healing process by contacting Dr onokun for natural treatment it works wonders, amazingly ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel these horrible disease anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, i am glad i finally got cured out from this horrible disease. every hpv or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr to get ride of these disease forever his email address; dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

ABBY HARRIS said...

Am short of words for the amazing work you perform to helped me cure my herpesvirus in just 2weeks of using your herbal formula am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I was scared because I was scammed twice before I meant you, knowing what i am consuming now I know your herbal formula is safe and effective just only two weeks of drinking the herbs my outbreak and other symtoms vanish, I went to the doctor and did test the results was supper, I will keep thanking you more and more, today I am heathy and totally cured with your herbs,
Thanks DR DOHGO
you can contact him via
Via whatsapp: (+2347062142293)
I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

Email (doctordohgo@gmail.com)

Dr dohgo also cure the following diseases:
Cancer, genital warts, diabetes, EBV, HPV, ALS, stroke, eczema, Alzheimer's and many more.

Unknown said...

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486