Saturday, October 21, 2017

A New Vaccine on the Market to Prevent Shingles

The FDA recently approved a new vaccine that is supposedly more effective than the current option to help combat shingles. Shingles is a painful virus that is relatively common throughout the United States. An estimated 1/3 of people who have had chickenpox get shingles. This results in almost 1 million Americans every year getting shingles that can result in extremely painful sores It is caused by Varicella-Zoster Virus within the Herpesviridae family and is often a resurfacing many years later of the chickenpox virus.

The first vaccine was released in 2006 and received relative success with about 50% efficacy. The new vaccine, produced by Glaxo, is found to be about 90% effective. Vaccines are currently recommended for adults 60 years and older. However, they can be administered at 50 years or older depending on the situation. Most insurances are expected to cover this new series of two vaccines, which costs about $280. This is in comparison to the current $223 vaccines being administered by Merck. The recent approval on Friday from the FDA will likely bring the vaccine into market soon. However, more research will be done to compare the new vaccine with the current vaccine produced by Merck to compare side effects, long-term efficacy, and prevention of the virus. Stay tuned for results!

Source: https://www.seattletimes.com/business/fda-approves-better-vaccine-against-painful-shingles-virus/

-Alexandra

3 comments:

johnson judith said...

• This is real take it serious, i am JOHNSON JUDITH i am from Ireland. Who will believe that a herbal medicine can cure HERPES, I never believe that this will work, i have spend a lot money getting drugs from the hospital to keep me and my son healthy, it got to a point that i was waiting for death to come because i was broke, one day i heard about this great man called Dr ODUWA who is well known for Herpes, HIV, and Cancer cure, i decided to email him I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared a herbal medicine (CURE) and, he gave my details to the Courier Office. they told me that 4-8 days I will receive the package and after receiving it, i took the medicine as prescribed by him at the end of the two weeks, he told me to go to the hospital for a checkup, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me HERPES negative, and my son and i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital and was also negative, thank you for saving our life's, I promise I will always testify of your good works. If you are HERPES patient, contact him and I am sure you will get cured, contact him via: dr.oduwaspellhome@gmail.com or whatsapp him at +2348070685053.
THESE ARE THE THINGS Dr ODUWA CURE
. COLD SORE
. HERPES
. CANCER
. HPV
. LASSA FEVER
. GONORRHEA
• Herpatitis B

Angel Mendoza said...

Am here to appreciate Dr Uche  for using his herbal medicine to cure my herpes virus. since 1 years now I have been living with this virus and it has been giving me challenges, I was so perplexed cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. Uche curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. Uche on his email: drucheherbalmedicine@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine for me and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, why don't you contact him today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; drucheherbalmedicine@gmail.com or whatsApp /Call him on +2348050777527 God bless him for me.he also cured HIV/AID,genital ,wart,COPD,cancel and all kind of disease and virus

precious pound said...

Hello everyone am here to give my testimony about how Dr Apala brought
back my happiness.Dr Apala have really be a good man to me, he help
me cured my herpes virus after two years of suffering and now am a
living testimony to the world and my family are now happy again
just like before all because of the herbs Dr Apala prepare for me.
Dr Apala is a well recognized herbal doctor all over the world,
he is very important in the society because he have the cure and
treatment to all kinds of diseases,and bring back my happiness within
the space of 21 days.If you also need his help you can contact him
via email: dr.apalaherbalhome@gmail.com you can also call or whatsapp his
mobile number+2348114047176
(1) HIV/AIDS
(2) HERPES 1/2
(3) CANCER
4) ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
(5) Herpatitis
(6) Emphysema
(7) COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
(8) asthma
(9) Acute angle-closure