Tuesday, February 18, 2020

When Enemies Become Friends: Using Ebola to Fight Glioblastoma

When can enemies become our ally? George Orwell said it succinctly in 1984: ““We do not merely destroy our enemies; we change them.” One of the deadliest viruses in the world - the infamous Ebola virus - may actually be a tool to fight glioblastoma - an aggressive brain tumor that is notoriously difficult to treat. Many cancer cells inherit a major weakness, which is an impaired innate immune response to foreign invaders like viruses. A team from Yale experimented with chimeric viruses containing genes from different viral species to target the cancer cells without causing a deleterious infection to the patient. They found success with an Ebola gene called glycoprotein with a mucin-line domain (MLD) which helps the virus evade the immune system. When a chimeric vesicular stomatitis virus virus was introduced into the brains of mice with glioblastoma, it selectively targeted and killed the tumor cells. The study marks an incredibly exciting and promising approach to making safer and more efficacious treatments of invasive cancers such as glioblastoma which remains a death sentence for its victims. This experience can also teach us that our greatest enemies can be “changed” into allies with an open mind and a larger cause. 
~Avi Kaye

Article: Zhang et al. Mucin-like domain of Ebola virus glycoprotein enhances selective oncolytic actions against brain tumors. Journal of Virology, 2020. DOI: 10.1128/JVI.01967-19

4 comments:

pamala palz said...

First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform for us to express our feelings. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine from DR. Obela the greatest herbalist doctor in the world and is only few American doctors that know about this herbal medicine from Dr Obela .. I have read about Dr Obela the great herbalist doctor from African who can cure disease with his powerful herbal medicine. for the people suffering from the following diseases, Herpes,HIV/Aids, SARS virus Cancer, Also, Hepatitis, Diabetes, Hpv, Infections ETC should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes. Although, i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine through DHL courier delivery company which i took for 10 days and today when i went for test i was tested herpes negative. you can reach him through his Whatsapp number +2347084171950 or email: drobelaspellhome@gmail.com

ben rita said...

Investing online has been a main source of income,that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity,you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information,and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals,assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly,just file a complaint with  Robert,I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back,till i met with him,with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com or Fb.me/investandmakemoney1 or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724

ABBY HARRIS said...

Am short of words for the amazing work you perform to helped me cure my herpesvirus in just 2weeks of using your herbal formula am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I was scared because I was scammed twice before I meant you, knowing what i am consuming now I know your herbal formula is safe and effective just only two weeks of drinking the herbs my outbreak and other symtoms vanish, I went to the doctor and did test the results was supper, I will keep thanking you more and more, today I am heathy and totally cured with your herbs,
Thanks DR DOHGO
you can contact him via
Via whatsapp: (+2347062142293)
I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

Email (doctordohgo@gmail.com)

Unknown said...

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486