Tuesday, February 25, 2020

To Prevent Next Coronavirus, Stop the Wildlife Trade, Conservationists Say

Rachel Nuwer’s article titled, To Prevent Next Coronavirus, Stop the Wildlife Trade, Conservationists Say, reveals that history has proved that wildlife animal trade and slaughtering help viruses and diseases leap from animals to humans. With this fact known to be true, conservationists declare that the future of our public health depends on preventing wildlife animal trading and slaughtering. Conservationists are arguing that this is not a just a “conservation” issue anymore but a public health issue and even national security issue. The Chinese government is currently working on legislation to ban wild animal trading and consumption. The article stresses that live meat markets are the “perfect laboratories” for the creation of new viruses because there is a mixture of new microbes within different species of animals that are also in very close contact with humans. This mixture is also present when the multiple species of live animals are slaughtered on the same chopping block with the same knives. For example, the suspected wild animal market in Wuhan had over seventy species of wildlife sold and slaughtered there. Experts believe China did not learn their lesson from the SARS outbreak in 2003 that was linked to wild animal markets. Some critics argue that wild animal markets are simply the culture of Eastern countries like China. These same critics also say that wild animal consumption in Western countries like America occur as the “norm,” where individuals consume venison, rabbit and birds. The article also points out that answer may be somewhere in the middle by focusing on the hygiene of the markets, which lowers the risk of a new animal virus making the leap to humans. 

This article relates directly to our “Virus in the News” class because it focuses on the current coronavirus and a debate, we had in class a few weeks ago regarding the practice of wild animal markets. Furthermore, the article points out that mankind is not learning from our previous behaviors that have proved to be destructive. Although this belief can be applied to many aspects of our lives, I believe it is important to learn for the epidemic. I would be in favor of the ban of wild animal markets in China and throughout the world. As far as the consumption of wildlife in America I am unaware of live animal meat markets like the ones described in Wuhan China, where deer, rabbits, squirrels, moose, bear, ducks and turkeys are kept alive in a cage then slaughtered once purchased on the same chopping block with the same knives. 

~~ John Sikora



7 comments:

dr,idowu treat and cure many types of disesse and virus with his herbal medicine add him on whatsapp now {+2348052789941} or email him [dr.idowuherbalhome@gmail.com} is a real man ,trust me ok said...

Good day to all viewer online am so happy sharing this great testimony on how i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr.idowu the powerful herbalist that Cure Numerous individuals Herpes simplex Virus,so I contacted him base on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him actoday through his email he can help you email ; dr.idowuherbalhome@gmail.com and so he can cure types of diseases like,HEPATITIS B,DIABETICS,CANCER,HPV,LOW SPERM CAM HIV/STDS FIBROSIS LOST OF WEIGHT .. all thank to you Dr idowu for your kindly help in my life his whatsapp  number +2348052789941.{+2348052789941} if you have any problem you can contract him immediately save life pls ,yours health is urs  wealth ,is not  fake pls ,give him a trial ..thanks  you dr,idowu onces again,thanks you .

Pastor Aziba said...


Hello I am Prophet AZIBA I was sent by God to deliver his children if you are suffering from Herpes,Cancer,Hiv,cold sores or any kind of sickness contact me today through my email:priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
or message me directly on Whatssap +2348100368288 for your deliverance today. if you are also having problem in your marriage, you want your ex back , job promotion or looking for a job contact me today for the Lord says with faith we can move the mountains. there is nothing like impossibility in the presence of thy Lord.

DR. AZIBA HERBAL CURE HOME said...

My Name is Dr Aziba Herbal Remedy is 100% guarantee for Penis Enlargement you can Contact Me via Email Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com For Best natural male enhancement Product with 100% guaranteed results. I prepare top Herbal selling male enhancement product with herbal formula and no side-effects.Contact Me for info Via Email:Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
WhatsApp:+2348100368288
Website https://naturalherbsmedicine.webs.com/
FACEBOOK PAGE: @DOCTOR AZIBA






My Name is Dr Aziba Herbal Remedy is 100% guarantee for Penis Enlargement you can Contact Me via Email Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com For Best natural male enhancement Product with 100% guaranteed results. I prepare top Herbal selling male enhancement product with herbal formula and no side-effects.Contact Me for info Via Email:Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
WhatsApp:+2348100368288
Website https://naturalherbsmedicine.webs.com/
FACEBOOK PAGE: @DOCTOR AZIBA



















My Name is Dr Aziba Herbal Remedy is 100% guarantee for Penis Enlargement you can Contact Me via Email Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com For Best natural male enhancement Product with 100% guaranteed results. I prepare top Herbal selling male enhancement product with herbal formula and no side-effects.Contact Me for info Via Email:Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
WhatsApp:+2348100368288
Website https://naturalherbsmedicine.webs.com/
FACEBOOK PAGE: @DOCTOR AZIBA















My Name is Dr Aziba Herbal Remedy is 100% guarantee for Penis Enlargement you can Contact Me via Email Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com For Best natural male enhancement Product with 100% guaranteed results. I prepare top Herbal selling male enhancement product with herbal formula and no side-effects.Contact Me for info Via Email:Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
WhatsApp:+2348100368288
Website https://naturalherbsmedicine.webs.com/
FACEBOOK PAGE: @DOCTOR AZIBA

Joy Smith said...

I have been cured through Dr Utu African Traditional roots and herbs.
Why so many people don't succeed in better health is because they have the belief that herbal medicines are primitive and outdated they took time ⌚ in thinking and having much doubt in herbs that can actually better their health naturally. Do you know that thinking and doubting won't solve your health problems?yes of course it won't solve it All you've to do is to stand up again and make the best move in your life. African herbs cures HIV, HSV, CANCERS, INFERTILITY, ASTHMA, PARALYSIS, DIABETES Try a reliable herbalist like Dr Utu and tell him your symptoms and feelings on;
drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
CALLING +2347032718477
WHATSAPP LINE +2347032718477

ben rita said...

Investing online has been a main source of income,that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity,you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information,and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals,assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly,just file a complaint with  Robert,I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back,till i met with him,with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com or Fb.me/investandmakemoney1 or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724

ABBY HARRIS said...

Am short of words for the amazing work you perform to helped me cure my herpesvirus in just 2weeks of using your herbal formula am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I was scared because I was scammed twice before I meant you, knowing what i am consuming now I know your herbal formula is safe and effective just only two weeks of drinking the herbs my outbreak and other symtoms vanish, I went to the doctor and did test the results was supper, I will keep thanking you more and more, today I am heathy and totally cured with your herbs,
Thanks DR DOHGO
you can contact him via
Via whatsapp: (+2347062142293)
I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

Email (doctordohgo@gmail.com)

Unknown said...

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486