Thursday, March 8, 2018

Mumps Among Cheerleaders?

Last month, over 24,000 people gathered in the Convention Center in Dallas for an international cheerleading competition. All of these people just received letters saying they may have been exposed to Mumps over the weekend due to the recent evidence that one of the competitors recently came down with the virus. The virus is spread through saliva and mucus so it is hard to say who may have been infected. The good news is, while there is not a treatment for Mumps, it is generally not a very serious viral infection and presents itself in a fever, headaches, and swollen cheeks.

Most people are vaccinated against Mumps in the MMR vaccine. However, the efficacy of the vaccine can decrease over time. The cheerleaders who have already received two doses are being advised to get another booster vaccine within the next few days just for cautionary measures. For, while Chris Van Deusen of the Texas Department of State Health Services states that "For the vast majority of people, the risk is very, very low," there is still the possibility of severe infections of encephalitis. Additionally, Mumps can easily spread to immunocompromised individuals causing even worse infection. Whether or not this virus will spread to other states or even countries is not yet certain, but over the next few days keep your eyes out for a story in the news suggesting more people are showing signs of infection!

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cheerleaders-warned-about-mumps-exposure-after-national-competition-n854571 

- Alexandra


2 comments:

Leah Hart said...

I was diagnose with hpv virus for 5years i broke up with my boyfriend because i contracted the virus from him, luckily i found a herbalist name Dr. onokun everyone testify good of his natural treatment i picked up his address and contacted him. he truly treated me with natural herbs in a week and i got cured. i share this post because ever since i got this treatment I'm perfectly ok with my health. i contacted him through this email.. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

Charlotte said...

I'm very happy being Herpes free now. It was a sad incident that was announced to me after the check up in the hospital and I was diagnosed of HSV 2. I thank God now for using Dr.odey Abang to cure my virus. I'm not ashamed to say this because no virus of such can be detected in me. I'm Charlotte from Columbia. I thought about it many Times when I heard about this Herbal cures for Herpes. I was really happy when I came across blogs of comments of Doctors who run cures sicknesses and was comfortable to try Dr. Abang from patients testimony I came across here on my online page. I knew now they are real Africa herbalists who run cures for Herpes. There's every opportunity to be cure with natural herbs, because all medical prescriptions are derived from herbs and roots. Its really hard time living with Herpes on drugs which can't get you cure. I tried this and I can boost of myself now as a woman. I need to be loved not to lost, get your instant cure to all sicknesses from Dr, Odey Abang.
He cures HSV,HPV,Cancer,low spam count and much more from the evidence I saw �� % sure no site effects with active immune booster

Email him for you cure
Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
WhatsApp/ Calls
+2349015049094