Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Economic Analysis of Covid19 – When will the Third Shoe Drop?

Today the Federal Reserve cut rates by 50 Basis Points in an attempt to blunt the economic impact of Covid19, also known as SARS II. The rate cut came sharply on the heels of bullying by the President, who tweeted yesterday that the Fed “Should ease and cut rate big. Jerome Powell led Federal Reserve has called it wrong from day one. Sad!” After the rate cut today, the President tweeted, “The Federal Reserve is cutting but must further ease and, most importantly, come into line with other countries/competitors.” Of course this kind of interaction between the President and the Federal Reserve is entirely unprecedented, as the Federal Reserve is supposed to be independent of political influence. It is has been widely reported that the President is obsessed with the stock market, and has been upset that the market suffered heavy losses last week, including the largest single day drop (measured in point totals) in history. One could interpret the President’s bullying of the Fed, and the rate cut that followed as a response to the stock market, and not to the pandemic that appears to be upon us. The stock markets gyrated wildly after the rate cut today, but by mid afternoon the DOW was down almost 900 points.

The stock market’s decline, regardless of rate cuts by the Federal Reserve should come as no surprise. Rate cuts by the Fed are an appropriate tool to stimulate aggregate demand in the economy. The concern about aggregate demand was the first economic shoe to drop in the Covid19 crisis. The measures taken by the Chinese government in response to the outbreak resulted in stores closing and the Chinese consumer all but disappearing during and since the Lunar New Year holiday. Since China is the world’s second largest economy, taking that much demand out of the global economy was sure to impact global GDP growth. The stock market had a fairly modest reaction to that demand shock about three weeks ago, but seemed to regain its footing after a couple days of volatility. Then last week the second shoe dropped, and the market began to price in the more important impact of the conditions in China, specifically the fact that Chinese factory product did not resume after the Lunar New Year, and still has not reached anything close to full capacity. It is unclear when the factories in China will come back on line. Most companies manufacture in China, so this means that firms like Apple don’t have product to sell. The cratering global supply chain is what has led to the dramatic stock market sell-off over the last 8 trading days. No rate cut will address this issue. Regardless of how much central banks act to provide liquidity and stimulate demand, there simply are no products to sell. While some technology firms may not raise prices, ultimately prices will rise across the board for a wide variety of products. Basic economics tells us that when Supply is reduced and demand is constant or rising, the result is higher prices, otherwise known as inflation. It would have been more prudent for the Fed to hold off on the rate cut until supply came back on line, and then cut rates to goose demand as supply increased.

But there remains still at least one more shoe to drop: the cash-flow shoe. Many firms finance manufacturing, and service their revolving debt through subsequent sales into their distribution channels. The constant turn-over of sales and manufacturing, and ideally growth of those volumes, sustains the firms’ business model. Invariably when growth slows, some unprepared firms drop out of the market, or are consolidated into their competitors. The global supply shock we are currently experiencing will be like a recession on steroids with regard to how it impacts cash-flow industries, like the PC business for example. The impact will be made worse by the fact that the economy was relatively healthy to begin with. With full employment and relatively low costs of capital, firms were not anticipating a global slow down so they will be even less prepared for the complete interruption in the cash-flow cycle. So we should anticipate a wider swath of firms failing than we would see in a traditional recession. I predict this will be the next shoe to drop, and we can expect it to happen within the next 3 to 6 weeks.

~~ Pete Dailey

8 comments:

dr,idowu treat and cure many types of disesse and virus with his herbal medicine add him on whatsapp now {+2348052789941} or email him [dr.idowuherbalhome@gmail.com} is a real man ,trust me ok said...

May God bless dr.idowu. for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS, since 2017 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied with it because i needed to get the{cold score}  HERPES VIRUS, Out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for{cold score} Herpes  i saw comments about Dr.idowu how he cured people's diseases with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he stated the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from {cold score} HERPES, thank you so much and you are the one that God sent to change my miserable life, may the almighty GOD be with you all the days of your life, so my brothers and sisters, I ugh you to contact him on this email address if you need his help   Dr.idowuherbalhome@gmail.com .Dr idowu ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SIR.He also told me that he has solution for the flowing. (+2348052789941) on Whats-app now*fibroid *kidney*fatty liver *HIV/AIDS**..1 Cancer cure Diabetes cures Ringing ear 4 Herpes cures Warts cure HPV cure Get your ex backs Pregnancy herbal medicines Prostate enlargement Hepatitis B 11 Disability Etc. Add him on Whats-app .now add him on via .(+2348052789941) or (+2348052789941). +2348052789941.. .good luck ...save life. you can contract if you have any probelem .............    

Pastor Aziba said...


Hello I am Prophet AZIBA I was sent by God to deliver his children if you are suffering from Herpes,Cancer,Hiv,cold sores or any kind of sickness contact me today through my email:priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
or message me directly on Whatssap +2348100368288 for your deliverance today. if you are also having problem in your marriage, you want your ex back , job promotion or looking for a job contact me today for the Lord says with faith we can move the mountains. there is nothing like impossibility in the presence of thy Lord.

PRESHY OBOITE said...


HELLO EVERYONEI’M SO GRATEFUL TO DR. ONUWA FOR CURING ME COMPLETELY FROM HERPES VIRUS . I WAS TOLD I HAVE HERPES IN 2011, I HAVE BEEN TAKING DIFFERENT KINDS OF MEDICATION STILL YET NO IMPROVEMENT UNTIL I SAW TESTIMONIES OF DR. ONUWA CURING HERPES, DIABETES, HIV AND OTHER DISEASE I WAS SKEPTICAL ABOUT CONTACTING HIM BUT I ALSO KNEW THE IMPORTANCE OF HERBAL MEDICINE, I MADE UP MY MIND AND CONTACTED HIM WE TALKED ON PHONE AND HE PREPARED AND GAVE ME MEDICINE WHICH I TOOK ACCORDING TO HIS DOSAGE INFORMATION. NOW I’M SO HAPPY I’M CURED FROM HERPES MY HEART IS SO FILLED WITH JOY, THANK YOU SO MUCH DR. ONUWA . IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU HAVE HERPES OR ANY KIND OF DISEASE CONTACT HIM TODAY EMAIL:DRONUWA2@GMAIL.COM .. HE CURE LISTED DISEASES CANCER HIV ALS EX BACK JOB OPPORTUNITY HEPATITIS A AND B DIABETIC. ETC

DR. AZIBA HERBAL CURE HOME said...

My Name is Dr Aziba Herbal Remedy is 100% guarantee for Penis Enlargement you can Contact Me via Email Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com For Best natural male enhancement Product with 100% guaranteed results. I prepare top Herbal selling male enhancement product with herbal formula and no side-effects.Contact Me for info Via Email:Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
WhatsApp:+2348100368288
Website https://naturalherbsmedicine.webs.com/
FACEBOOK PAGE: @DOCTOR AZIBA






My Name is Dr Aziba Herbal Remedy is 100% guarantee for Penis Enlargement you can Contact Me via Email Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com For Best natural male enhancement Product with 100% guaranteed results. I prepare top Herbal selling male enhancement product with herbal formula and no side-effects.Contact Me for info Via Email:Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
WhatsApp:+2348100368288
Website https://naturalherbsmedicine.webs.com/
FACEBOOK PAGE: @DOCTOR AZIBA



















My Name is Dr Aziba Herbal Remedy is 100% guarantee for Penis Enlargement you can Contact Me via Email Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com For Best natural male enhancement Product with 100% guaranteed results. I prepare top Herbal selling male enhancement product with herbal formula and no side-effects.Contact Me for info Via Email:Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
WhatsApp:+2348100368288
Website https://naturalherbsmedicine.webs.com/
FACEBOOK PAGE: @DOCTOR AZIBA















My Name is Dr Aziba Herbal Remedy is 100% guarantee for Penis Enlargement you can Contact Me via Email Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com For Best natural male enhancement Product with 100% guaranteed results. I prepare top Herbal selling male enhancement product with herbal formula and no side-effects.Contact Me for info Via Email:Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
WhatsApp:+2348100368288
Website https://naturalherbsmedicine.webs.com/
FACEBOOK PAGE: @DOCTOR AZIBA

edmond said...

I was diagnosed of herpes in 2015 and I tried all possible means to get cure but all to no avail until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor from Africa @Dr.Ekiadola who prepared herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email i bought the herpes herbal medicine and received it through DHL within 7 days and used it as prescribed, i tested negative to herpes virus within 1 week of usage, Do not loose hope too soon contact him If you need his help you can Email him on ekiadolaherbalhome@gmail.com for easy and fast communication you can also call or add him on whats-app with this number  +2349060461437    

Morgan Plantar said...


The doctors said Herpes virus do not have medical cure because the virus is capable of hiding within the human cells, it remains protected from your immune system. Herpes isn’t a special virus – your immune system has the tools to fight it back. But because it is able to lay dormant in protected cells, your immune system is unable to remove it from your body,But with strong reactive herbal medication is capable of getting rid of the virus gradually and totally from your body without damaging any of your cells,natural herbs kills the virus totally not just reducing the out break. Get natural herbs cure from Dr. Agbomina or reach him through his email: dragbonherbalmedicine@gmail.com or whatsapp no: +2349039139161....

Richard Debra said...

I have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Onokun helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

ABBY HARRIS said...

Am short of words for the amazing work you perform to helped me cure my herpesvirus in just 2weeks of using your herbal formula am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I was scared because I was scammed twice before I meant you, knowing what i am consuming now I know your herbal formula is safe and effective just only two weeks of drinking the herbs my outbreak and other symtoms vanish, I went to the doctor and did test the results was supper, I will keep thanking you more and more, today I am heathy and totally cured with your herbs,
Thanks DR DOHGO
you can contact him via
Via whatsapp: (+2347062142293)
I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

Email (doctordohgo@gmail.com)