Thursday, May 6, 2021

MMR Vaccine Offers COVID-19 Defense?

        An interesting pool of evidence has suggested that live attenuated vaccines completely unrelated to COVID-19 could serve as a protective measure against the infection. The first indication of this was the MMR vaccine, where out of 1000 sailors aboard the U.S.S Roosevelt ship that tested positive for COVID-19, only one sailor was hospitalized. It is theorized that this is a result of the fact that all US Navy recruits are given MMR vaccines- thus, it is possible that the MMR vaccine has a protective effect against COVID-19 and could result in less hospitalizations from the virus. Whereas typically COVID-19 in those aged 20-44 years old usually results in a hospitalization rate of 14-21% (according to the CDC), the hospitalization rate among these sailors was far lower which is impressive. 

    A study was done to look into this, where researchers took the blood of recovered COVID-19 patients and looked for MMR titer levels. They measured titers from both MMR vaccinated individuals and those that had MMR antibodies from sources other than the vaccine- ultimately, it was found that those with high titers specific to the mumps virus from the vaccine (134-300 AU) were functionally immune or asymptomatic for COVID-19. On the other hand, all those who had been hospitalized with COVID-19 and required oxygen in the hospital had mumps titers that were very low (below 32 AU). Overall, the results of this study showed that there is a significant inverse correlation between mumps titers from the MMR vaccine and the severity of a COVID-19 infection, indicating a promising protective effect of unrelated vaccines against COVID-19. I wonder if there are other vaccines as well that might serve this same protective effect, and I wonder why those aren’t being researched more. Perhaps it’s because we already have vaccines against COVID-19 developed and being rapidly distributed, but what if we weren’t at this stage yet? Would we be researching the efficacy of currently existing vaccines against COVID-19 in that case? Here is a link to the study that discussed the MMR titers: https://mbio.asm.org/content/11/6/e02628-20

-Komal Kumar, 3/16/21

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
whatsapp +2348136482342

Max D said...

I panicked when I saw the first sore. The medicines could not heal the sores completely, my whole life I was entirely desperate. Till I found the natural permanent cure for herpes virus through Nze Njoku Herbal Home, I felt like I was born-again. You can get rid of herpes from now on, too
Reach Nze Njoku Herbal Home on
nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com
+2349072733661..

Gary Amy said...

i am here to give my testimony about a doctor who save my life. i was infected with HERPES for than 2 years, I tried different doctors over a period of time but no one work, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR USELU  how he was able to cure someone from HERPES virus with the help of herbal medicine I contacted him and he promised to cure my herpes virus.well i decided to give him a try, DR USELU put his best in it and gave me good and effective result just as he has promised. well after taking all the treatment sent to me by Dr USELU i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HERPES Negative. You can contact him if you have any kind of sickness like, HERPES, HIV, CANCER, PILE, HEPATITIS, DIABETES, and alot more you can contact him ON Whatsapp (+2347052898482) or Email dr.dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com