Thursday, May 6, 2021

COVID-19 and Future Heart Health Findings

    I’ve been wondering a lot these days about the long-term effects of COVID-19, especially if you are a young person with a resolved COVID-19 infection. Could you experience effects of having had the illness in the future, even if you’re fine now? A study was published recently in the Experimental Physiology Journal that talks about this, where researchers found that healthy young adults who had COVID-19 infections may have long-term effects on their heart health and blood vessels. 

While COVID-19 infections are caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus and this is primarily a respiratory illness, previous research has shown that the virus can have impacts on arteries throughout the body, such as the carotid artery. Similar to other viral/bacterial illnesses like rheumatic fever, pneumonia, lupus, and more, SARS-CoV-2 has been shown in this study to induce arterial stiffness even after symptoms of the infection resolve. The researchers found this by testing young adults a few weeks after they were infected with SARS-CoV-2- they used an ultrasound on their carotid arteries and took recordings of it for several heartbeats to find that those who had the virus had stiffer carotid and aortic arteries than those that had not been infected (control group was healthy young adults prior to the pandemic). The authors concluded that “These results provide further evidence of cardiovascular impairments among young adults recovering from SARS-CoV-2 infection, which should be considered for cardiovascular complications associated with SARS-CoV-2.”

While the study had many limitations, it does suggest that there is a potential long-term impact of COVID-19 on healthy, young adults. I think many of my peers have been nonchalant about getting the virus, with their primary and only concern being infecting their families without any regard to their own health. This study scared me to read- I wish more young people knew that this virus isn’t just deadly and detrimental to older or immunocompromised individuals. We don’t know nearly enough about the virus to rule out the possibility that it could be harming everyone that is infected in ways that haven’t yet revealed themselves. The long-term impacts of COVID-19 are truly going to be a test of time, we can only hope the effects will be minimal and try to protect ourselves for the sake of ourselves while also protecting others. The link to the study can be found here: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33904234/

-Komal Kumar, 4/30/21

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
whatsapp +2348136482342

Max D said...

I panicked when I saw the first sore. The medicines could not heal the sores completely, my whole life I was entirely desperate. Till I found the natural permanent cure for herpes virus through Nze Njoku Herbal Home, I felt like I was born-again. You can get rid of herpes from now on, too
Reach Nze Njoku Herbal Home on
nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com
+2349072733661

Gary Amy said...

i am here to give my testimony about a doctor who save my life. i was infected with HERPES for than 2 years, I tried different doctors over a period of time but no one work, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR USELU  how he was able to cure someone from HERPES virus with the help of herbal medicine I contacted him and he promised to cure my herpes virus.well i decided to give him a try, DR USELU put his best in it and gave me good and effective result just as he has promised. well after taking all the treatment sent to me by Dr USELU i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HERPES Negative. You can contact him if you have any kind of sickness like, HERPES, HIV, CANCER, PILE, HEPATITIS, DIABETES, and alot more you can contact him ON Whatsapp (+2347052898482) or Email dr.dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com