Thursday, November 7, 2019

Solving Reo Transcription One Discovery at a Time

There is still much to learn about the activity of Reoviridae - our “weirdo” segmented dsRNA family. The viral family uses encapsidated RdRps to tightly regulate transitions between transcription and genome replication, both of which must be completed in the viral life cycle. A recently published article that conformation changes within enzymes and RNA “trajectories” support different transcriptional states and lead to an ‘ouroborous’ or circular model of genome replication that solves an equivalent of the ‘tip problem.’ Using cryo-EM structures, the researchers were able to visualize several distinct RdRp conformations including an ‘initiation’ state when interacting with the RNA replication fork, an elongation state that forms a transcription bubble, and an abortive state when releasing from the RNA. The shape and interactions within these conformations are consistent with a unique transcription technique within the cytoplasmic viral factories where each viral segment associates with a dedicated RdRp and minus strands are constantly recycled for both transcription and replication. It also offers mechanisms for regulating switches between transcription of viral mRNA and complete genome replication since an ‘abortive’ and ‘initiating’ RdRp can be found on the same particle. A criticism of the paper is that the authors only looked at canine parvovirus, potentially limiting generalizability, however the researchers are confident that the principles are conserved across reoviridae. 
~Avi Kaye
Article: Ogden, K. Reoviridae transcription is more than an open-and-shut case. Nature Structural and Molecular Biology, 2019. . 
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41594-019-0328-5

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm very happy being Herpes free now. It was a sad incident that was announced to me after the check up in the hospital and I was diagnosed of HSV 2. I thank God now for using Dr.odey Abang to cure my virus. I'm not ashamed to say this because no virus of such can be detected in me. I'm Charlotte from Columbia. I thought about it many Times when I heard about this Herbal cures for Herpes. I was really happy when I came across blogs of comments of Doctors who run cures sicknesses and was comfortable to try Dr. Abang from patients testimony I came across here on my online page. I knew now they are real Africa herbalists who run cures for Herpes. There's every opportunity to be cure with natural herbs, because all medical prescriptions are derived from herbs and roots. Its really hard time living with Herpes on drugs which can't get you cure. I tried this and I can boost of myself now as a woman. I need to be loved not to lost, get your instant cure to all sicknesses from Dr, Odey Abang.
He cures HSV,HPV,Cancer,low spam count and much more from the evidence I saw 💯 % sure no site effects with active immune booster

Email him for you cure
Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
WhatsApp/ Calls
+2349015049094

GARRY HELEE said...

Hello everybody, thanks to Dr LOSA the spell caster i am from USA, i don't just Know the reason why some people is finding it difficult to believe that there is
a cure for HIV, my son have been suffering from HIV since last
three years but today i am happy that he is cure from it with
the herbal medicine of Dr DR LOSA the great healer,i was
browsing the INTERNET searching for help when i came across a
testimony shared by someone on how Dr LOSA cure his herpes
i was so much in need of getting his treatment but after all Dr
LOSA brought a smile to my son face with his herbal
medicine. i am so much happy today that we have someone like
this great healer out there, so my people out there kindly
contact this great healer on his email address: (dr.losaherbahome@gmail
.com) please sir keep your good work cause there are people
out there who is in need of your healing medicine.once more
email him now: (dr.losaherbalhome@gmail.com) you can call him OR WHATSSAPP HIM
+2349056464736
DOCTOR LOSA CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-
1. HIV/AIDS
2. HERPES
3. CANCER
4. ALS
5. Hepatitis
6 Diabetes
7 LOVE SPELL
8 IF YOU NEED YOUR EX LOVER BACK TO LOVE YOU AGAIN.

Rosie Aney said...

I contracted hpv from my ex partner we broke up the relationship about four years ago, I has been on treatment for some years, I had lot pains and embarrassment for been hpv patient last two month i did hpv research online and found website for natural treatment to get ride of my infection, and i went through the site and recommend me to Dr onokun I contacted Dr onokun through his website and been his patient after one month I got cured. I want everyone living with hpv to get this treatment and got cured Dr onokun have the cure to every virus. his email; Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

Unknown said...

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of msearching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com oney going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was or WhatApp: +2349074536486