Saturday, October 24, 2020

Preventing Viral Diseases Through Behavior

The COVID-19 pandemic has placed a new focus on behavioral interventions. The idea that viral infections can be prevented through changing human behavior seems so simple. Unfortunately, the reality of implementing these behavioral changes has been difficult. 

The same is true for another form or emerging disease, mosquito borne diseases. Mosquitoes can transmit viruses that cause diseases like Zika, West Nile, St. Louis encephalitis, dengue fever, yellow fever and chikungunya. As mosquitos spread across the United States, these diseases present a greater public health threat. We do not have the luxury of a vaccine for any of these diseases besides Dengue, and even this vaccine is only available to a small part of the population in specific areas. 

Behavioral interventions present an option for prevention of mosquito borne diseases. We can avoid irritating mosquito bites by covering our skin, using insect repellant, and keeping mosquitos outside. Taking a public health approach, vector control teams in the United States use insecticides to keep the mosquito population low to decrease overall risk to communities. 

However, a study in Texas has been testing the effectiveness of commonly used insecticides on local mosquitos. This study found that almost 70% of mosquito populations tested survived exposure to the insecticides. This means that these mosquitoes have developed resistance to the commonly used insecticides. In the short term, this study provided feedback to areas that needed to change the type of insecticide they were using. Next, the researchers hope to identify how the mosquitos are developing resistance and how widespread this phenomenon is. However, as with many public health challenges, a long term approach is going to be required to identify a solution that does not just postpone the problem.

-Olivia

https://today.ttu.edu/posts/2020/10/Stories/researchers-widely-used-mosquito-control-insecticides-becoming-less-effective

https://www.cdc.gov/dengue/prevention/dengue-vaccine.html

https://www.cdc.gov/ncezid/dvbd/media/stopmosquitoes.html


3 comments:

Jack Lucas said...

First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
Thanks in advance

Lilian Wale said...

There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, GOUT, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

Sharon Wayne said...

I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.