Thursday, October 29, 2020

Operation Warp Speed, Don’t Leave Us Behind

During an interview hosted by the American Medical Association, Peter Hoetz, the co-director of the Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development discussed the challenges of maintaining public confidence in the vaccine development process. Since the initiation of Operation Warp Speed by the white house, money and other resources have been poured into vaccine development at a rate like we’ve never seen before. But one thing Operation Warp Speed didn’t have a plan for was how it would communicate progress and setbacks to the public. This is incredibly important as we get closer to having workable vaccines because, as Dr. Hoetz points out, there is an enormous amount of information that needs to be communicated to the public. Just a few of the confusing things people will need to understand are that some vaccines will be better than others, some will require continued use of masks and social distancing (really all of them will), some vaccines will require booster shots, and there may be confusion about whether to get a booster with the same vaccine or a different one. With this much information yet to be communicated to the public and especially because informing the public doesn’t need to wait until a vaccine is ready, Operation Warp Speed is leaving the public behind. 

Dr. Hoetz also touched on the need to remove anti-vaccine websites that promote fake information from the web and from major social media platforms. Hoetz says that he had hoped this would happen last year when measles returned to the U.S. because of clustered groups of people who refused to vaccinate their children. Apparently after holding a few initial hearings on the matter, the Senate Health Committee “dropped the ball” on it. Despite the relative disorder of vaccine information at the moment, we can prepare by learning about the different types of vaccines that are already in stage three clinical trials. Most importantly, we should all be ready to get vaccinated when a proven safe and effective vaccine comes out. 



- Renata

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/ama-covid-19-daily-video-update-improving-patient-confidence-vaccine

1 comment:

Sharon Wayne said...

I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.