Saturday, January 13, 2018

Quick, Cheap, and Effective Test Can Tell if a Patient Has a Viral Respiratory Infection

      Researchers at Yale University have discovered a method of broadly detecting viral infections quickly, easily, and for low cost. A paper in the Journal of Infectious Disease published last month details their efforts to design and evaluate the test, which is 97% effective at detecting the presence of a viral respiratory infection.
     The test works by evaluating a patient's nasal swab for levels of 3 RNAs and 2 proteins, selected because they are produced in high concentrations only by patients experiencing a viral respiratory infection. Author Ellen Foxman MD put it succinctly in an interview with Science Daily.  "Instead of looking for individual viruses, our test asks the question: 'Is the body fighting a virus?'"
          In the future this test may allow doctors to better discern between viral and bacterial infections, limiting the overuse of antibiotics and narrowing down the possible causes of illness in a patient. Researchers believe they can bring the technique to market in 1-5 years, which is remarkably fast for this type of diagnostic. Hopefully progress is swift in its ongoing development.
       -J. Cole Holderman
News Article
Paper

2 comments:

LISA CRESPO ZATAX said...


A world is enough for a wise. I'm SEN.BUKA MORRIS from DENMARK.I was a Herpes patient for 7years ,i suffered a great lost in applying medical treatment to get cure from the virus. It was too scaring having does sleepless nights with Herpes. I went through many hospitals seeking for the solution to my cure all my efforts where rendered useless. I was so frustrated, and lost my lovely wife along the line due to the bad effects of her virus. I became so ashamed of myself. I decided to check on the internet if there could be any possible remedy to this dangerous virus . Then,I came across lots of comments about Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, who's patience have recommended him of his Good work,testifying how his medicine saved their lives, and there have been living happily negative of their virus. I thought and believe I could be cure as well. Then,I decided to give it a try. To my greatest surprise after contacting him.,I was very happy in our first chat and I believe in everything he said. He really proved to me after going through lots of pics and videos with his patients. I then ordered for his medicine , he prepared and sent it through the DHL service.It was like a joke,but now a dream come through that I'm Herpes free, I have recently been confirmed HSV negative. All thanks to God for showing me the way to Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME the great and powerful herbalist. Reach this herbalist on his email [dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com] or +2347030936239.He can cure all virus

David said...

I was thinking that Illuminati is not real, But today with Mr david I now believe that Illuminati is real, when you come across wrong person’s you will think that life is not real but when you are with the real one you will experience the goodness of your life, To MR David has made me discovered my purpose of life. Welcome to the great brotherhood of Illuminati 666: WhatsApp Mr David +234-811-338-8018 Russia , and every other Country’s on how to join the Illuminati brotherhood to get rich and famous, You may be a politician, business man/woman ,musical artist, student, footballer or whatever occupation you do, you want to be rich, powerful and famous in life. Illuminati can grant all your heart desires join the Illuminati to become rich and famous in life, Illuminati will make you achieve your dream to become rich and protect you all the days of your life  join the great illuminati brotherhood via email: lorddavid2345@gmail.com