Friday, December 8, 2017

Uganda ends Marburg virus disease outbreak

The World Health Organization (WHO) just wrote a report today essentially congratulating Uganda’s officials for being able to stop the outbreak of Marburg virus disease in their country. WHO was informed about the situation in Uganda on October 17 of this year. That was around the time that a case of Marburg virus disease was found in Uganda. The person infected with Marburg virus was a lady who was 50 years old.

When WHO found out about the circulation of Marburg virus disease in Uganda, it gave $623,000 to Uganda to be able to help contain the outbreak. Other than financial assistance, WHO offered supported with laboratory work as well as monitoring at-risk individuals. Because Kenya is a border of Uganda, there was fear that the Marburg virus would spread there, so quick action needed to be taken and it was.

Throughout the time that Marburg virus disease was circulating in Uganda, a total of 3 people died. In addition, Marburg virus is not new in Uganda. In fact, since 2007, there have been four other outbreaks of Marburg virus disease within the nation. In addition to the Ministry of Health of Uganda, Kenya and WHO, a plethora of other organizations were involved in helping contain this outbreak. Some notable ones include: the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), UNICEF and many more. WHO believes that Uganda needs to keep building up its health infrastructure and be ready for any more threats that might come in the future.

Eyasu Kebede

Source: http://www.afro.who.int/news/uganda-ends-marburg-virus-disease-outbreak

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Good day everyone, two months ago  I was diagnosed with (urethral cancer), which had caused me a great deal of pain and pressure on my bladder. My doctor insisted that there was no other choice but to go under the knife. So everyday I was online searching for herbal medication. I never want to undergo any surgery. so. I have so many testimonies on how they were healed by dr. Imoloa herbal medication. without wasting time i contacted him (dr. Imoloa). on how to get the herbal remedies. I received the herbal package in less than a month, and I followed the steps and procedure on how I should be taking it. and one months later I was scheduled for an ultrasound check: it was shocking. The cancer had completely gone, I had consulted my doctor and canceled the surgery and with your dedicated counseling guidance I managed to completely treat the urethral cancer, along with the pain and anxiety that this condition had inflicted on me. a big thanks to God almighty, thank you Dr. Imoloa for the powerful herbal medication you have to cure people. you reach him on Email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com WhatsApp number- +2347081986098.