Friday, December 15, 2017

Activia vs. the Flu: who will win?

If you thought probiotic yogurt was only here to help you digest, think again! Researchers at Georgia State University have just published a study on how the lactic acid bacteria in your probiotic yogurt can actually help you protect you from some subtypes of the influenza A virus. Influenza A is the orthomyxovirus that is most likely to exhibit genetic shift which can result in a novel strain of flu every couple of years. Matching the vaccine with the influenza subtype each year is extremely difficult and sometimes we don’t get it right which can result in flu shots that are only 10% effective.

The researchers in this study wanted to look at a specific killed lactic acid bacteria (DK128) and its antiviral protective effects against influenza A. They pretreated mice with the DK128 bacteria and were exposed to lethal strains of influenza A. The mice that were pretreated with DK128 all survived and had “about 18 times less influenza virus in their lungs compared to control mice.” The study was significant in showing how the lactic acid bacteria was extremely effective in providing resistance to primary and secondary infection of influenza A - specifically the H1N1 and H3N2 strains. Hopefully this research will be effective in providing large communities with a simple way of gaining broad protection against the influenza A virus subtypes.
-Meley Gebresellassie

Source:

2 comments:

LISA CRESPO ZATAX said...


A world is enough for a wise. I'm SEN.BUKA MORRIS from DENMARK.I was a Herpes patient for 7years ,i suffered a great lost in applying medical treatment to get cure from the virus. It was too scaring having does sleepless nights with Herpes. I went through many hospitals seeking for the solution to my cure all my efforts where rendered useless. I was so frustrated, and lost my lovely wife along the line due to the bad effects of her virus. I became so ashamed of myself. I decided to check on the internet if there could be any possible remedy to this dangerous virus . Then,I came across lots of comments about Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, who's patience have recommended him of his Good work,testifying how his medicine saved their lives, and there have been living happily negative of their virus. I thought and believe I could be cure as well. Then,I decided to give it a try. To my greatest surprise after contacting him.,I was very happy in our first chat and I believe in everything he said. He really proved to me after going through lots of pics and videos with his patients. I then ordered for his medicine , he prepared and sent it through the DHL service.It was like a joke,but now a dream come through that I'm Herpes free, I have recently been confirmed HSV negative. All thanks to God for showing me the way to Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME the great and powerful herbalist. Reach this herbalist on his email [dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com] or +2347030936239.He can cure all virus

alexandra alana said...

Thank you so much doctor OBUDU for curing my GENITAL HERPES VIRUS, is good given a herbal  medicine a try, i am so happy today about my result, herpes virus has a cure i have confirm it now with my own cases, i have been reading different comment about people who are cured from herpes virus, ALS, HPV, CANCER, LUPUS VIRUS and many more with doctor OBUDU herbal medicine , i was kind of skeptical so i made up my mid to give him a chance to cure me to to see if the comment i read was legit, i am 100% cure of this virus and i am giving my own comment base on my agreement with this doctor that once i am cure i will give a Testimony. pleases contact this doctor on your cure WHATSAPP/CALL +2349023428871 EMAIL  drobuduherbalhome@gmail.com or visit he's website: https://drobuduherbalhome.wixsite.com/welcometoobuduherbal  i am very lucky been among people giving a comment about this great doctor, before i was a comment ready. am grateful for this massive cure of my health. thanks very much ,.